Friday 20 March 2009

Have you ever seen a dolphin surfing??

Well... have you? And how envious were you? On a scale of 1 to 10?
11??? Me too!

Have you heard of Sub-surfing?
NO!?
It is exactly what it sounds like, a combination of three of my favourite things:
Ocean... surfing... FREEDIVING!
It is surfing- INSIDE THE WAVE...

The time has come... when I get back to Cape Town May 1st- Bottlenose I will be! Right now I'm checking out what fins will be the best to become a SUB-SURFER, and thinking OH NO NO NOOOOO, not another passion, I don't have time...


Below you can see Kelly Slater playing Dolphin... sigh...



3 comments:

  1. Well, cant wait to see what you come up with.

    Fins: I could think the lifeguard fins are good to manover in the waves.

    You might want to check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWauuX_1KH8

    Keep exploring your passions! They are what makes the difference...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful clip M! Thanks, how i do love my flippered friends... poetry in motion indeed!!!
    Hmmm, yes the lifesaving fins are good... have also thought about trying a smaller monofin... real dolphin style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, H... I think you want to stay flexible in the waves to change directions quickley.

    I understand your passion abou the monofin. But lets admit it... they are much better with it then we are...

    Latey I read that they put up to 200 kg of pressure on the fin... amazing...

    ReplyDelete