Tuesday 10 March 2009

I saw the arch... and now I have to leave!

After two weeks in Dahab I'm now getting ready to leave again. Too soon, too soon... she cries!

I'm trailing bits of my heart behind me as my travels continue, what I have left of it that isn't in Cape Town, will now be left for safe keeping in the Blue Hole... just under the arch...

Oh, my last few days of diving have been magical. I am so in love with the ocean! Still... again, forever... deeply. My ears have been co-operating, more or less, and my dives have been deeper than ever before, deep enough to get stunning views of the majestic arch, you see it clearly the first time around 45m and below 50 the view just blows you away... iridescent blue light streaming in through this window in the coral. Spectacular, or as a very special friend said, 'a spiritual experience' - indeed!

So, tomorrow at eight Ahmed will come again to pick us up to go one last time to the Blue Hole, one more breath, one more dive... one love!




Photo: Annelie Pompe, Ras Muhammad

1 comment:

  1. Owwww, the Arch.... owwww, that light, that light that beckons, that light that hypnotizes, that light that washes over you like your favorite song in a concert hall. I wanna be back there now! 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks.

    ReplyDelete